How can Oly EM-1 compete when FF DSLR with L zoom goes for $2300?

Started Sep 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Darrell500
Darrell500 Senior Member • Posts: 2,126
Re: How can Oly EM-1 compete when FF DSLR with L zoom goes for $2300?

I agree with others that they are different markets and you are comparing the top end fully featured camera of one format with the entry level stripped down model of another format.

I would also argue that with the new EM-1's ability to used the stellar 43rds glass it will further reduce the need own dual systems. Yes some still need and OVF and a small minority might actually require FF for some specific purpose that requires more megapixels but for most the EM-1 will cover all the bases. The E-M1 is small and portable without the grip and a m43 prime attached perfect for travel and street photography but attach the grip and a 35-100 or 14-35 f2 zoom and you'll see what all the 43rds shooters have been raving about for years.

I know most shoot m43rds for the size advantage and some pro's also have a second system for professional work, but with the ability to add a grip and the 43rds SHG line of lenses I the need for a second system will be eliminated for most except in a few in certain areas of photography.

-- hide signature --

"Don't Be Afraid To See What You See"
Darrell

Darrell500's gear list:Darrell500's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-P3 +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow