I want medium format!

Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,409
Re: No you don't

GodSpeaks wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

I don't seriously believe this will happen, but I can dream all day long. I like sharp, crisp enlargements and it doesn't take long for that to go away when enlarging my 35mm stuff. I just remember those gorgeous prints from medium format.

Have you even tried printing from 24 or 36MP FF DSLR images? I think you will find that the digital images are far 'sharper' and 'crisper' from digital sensors (and noise/grain free) than from even MF film.

Today's DSLRs, especially FF, have far exceeded what 35mm film could do, and are seriously encrouching on what MF, especially MF film, could do. This is actually a contributing factor in the demise of medium format.

I don't know, my D600 is great and I much prefer it to 35mm film. But I don't know if it's quite exceeded medium format. I've seen some pretty huge prints from medium format that wouldn't be feasible even with a D800. The enlargement that we used to see from 6x6 or 6x7 negatives was tremendous.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow