Canon 580 EXII Flash "rattle"
A week ago I was having all kinds of inconsistent results from my 4 yr. old 580 flash--many very bleached out using different camera bodies and lenses. Now today, everything seems to be working fine. When I shake it it seems like something small is loose inside and there's a small rattle.
1) Do any of you have a "rattle" in your flash?
2) Does anyone have any experience in this?
3) Have any of you had any repair done by Canon on a 580 EXII flash and know the standard repair fee? If so, did you feel it was worth it?
4) I'm thinking of "writing this one off" and buying a 600 that would be more versatile with off the camera shooting of multiple flashes. Any input on this?
Enjoying God and His Creation.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!