NEX to RX1 one... any thoughts?

Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kriekira Senior Member • Posts: 2,227
Re: NEX to RX1 one... any thoughts?

teseg wrote:

Agreed "crutch" was not the right term... but for a f/2 FF camera with outstanding noise control/result up to ISO 6400 and more if shooting B&W I can't think when I've really needed it. Use Manual mode with auto-ISO and set the shutter to 1/125 and it works for me... but everyone has their own opinion and shooting style.

Well said.  I am having trouble getting sharp (or even non-blurred) pictures even at ISO 6400 and 1/320s, but I have a few perhaps unusual needs: f/16 to give me a reasonably deep DoF, and I'm shooting with the camera at arm's length, with my arm at my side, while walking.

I am planning on starting a thread -- I well could be doing something wrong -- but if you have any pointers to add here I'd love to have them.  

Here's a picture showing the blur I'm getting in many captures.  I think the blur is caused by camera motion:

RX1R. Focus manually set to 1.1m.  ISO 500•f/11•1/320s .  Afaict, _no_ part of this is sharp.

-- hide signature --

-- Kirby Krieger.

Kriekira's gear list:Kriekira's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1R Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow