M240 advice

Started Aug 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jonathan Robson Contributing Member • Posts: 916
M240 advice

I am moving closer to having the funds to purchase (well, get in line to) a M240. Though I'd only be able to get the likes of the CV 35 1.4 or CV 50 1.5 to go with it to start with. Is this a bad move, would I be better to wait until I have the funds for Leica glass as well?

Also I realize the CV lenses are not coded, so there would be no lens corrections applied in camera, but I wondered if those affected the RAW files anyway?

This would be my first Leica camera, indeed my first manual focus and first rangefinder camera, so I do have that intrepidation, but its the image quality that draws me to the Leica. I have tried a M240 briefly and was amazed how short the lens throw is, how fast you can focus, I would probably also rent for a weekend before my final purchase decision.

Any advice to a first time user is appreciated.

Cheers

Jonathan

-- hide signature --

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in
to the sea.' - Eric Cantona
http://bornred.net

Jonathan Robson's gear list:Jonathan Robson's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Fujifilm X100V Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 II Sony a7R IV +23 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow