D800 auto ISO & flash (SB-900 & build-in)
Can you tell me why D800 's auto ISO works differently with on-board flash than
SB-900 (or 910)?
With build in flash, camera sets ISO as if no flash exists and then uses the flash as a fill
With SB-900, camera sets ISO only 1-2 stops higher than the minimum set, and the rest of light
is covered by the SB-900.
I find the 1st approach a lot better and is a pity that is not followed for the SB-900
approach, too. Does anybody knows why this happens?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%