Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
peevee1 OP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,247
Re: Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

jkrumm wrote:

Tracking speed has never been important to me with my E5 because it has always been not so great at tracking, so I don't rely on it.

And that is why most people who were willing to pay that kind of money bought 7D or D300s instead.

I won't be bummed if the EM1 is about the same for tracking. What I want is snappy, precise S-AF.

You have it with almost all m43 lenses now. Competitors have it with their lenses on any camera, even for $400. Number of 4/3 owners is low enough that neither Oly no Pany could keep 4/3 system going, and E-M1 is not even replacement for all of them, so for success it needs to lure new users, who cannot buy a better camera cheaper.

I suspect the EM1 might prove to be good at tracking when more of the "Pro" level m43 zooms come along, like the 12-40 and any future big brothers.

Will see. It will live or die on this one feature, if they indeed price it at $1,500 or higher. Because everything else is available on cheaper cameras.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BJL
(unknown member)
BJL
Yxa
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow