All Nikon VR lens - good advice given

Started Aug 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lance B Forum Pro • Posts: 30,454
Re: VR - I don't worry about it

Nikonicon wrote:

Welcome

Well I had my repaired lens come back from Nikon Melbourne AU after the VR repair,the on/off switch was in the ''on'' position when I took it from the box.So we can make of that what we would like.the on/off button is still very tight,needing a thumb to move it....its hard to get used to turning VR off before I turn the camera off.

The most pleasing thing that happened also while this repair was being done was they found my D300 had back focussing and that is fixed,never heard of that before,there's some chance it was like that for 5 years with me believing focus issues were all lens related and remedied by adjusting fine focus in the camera.

The 70-300 is a lot sharper now.

Thanks for this thread and your comments.

Glad to hear all is well with the lens and camera.

Your comments about the fact that the lens has the VR switch left in the on position after the repair is a very telling one, especially when I also seem to remember all my VR lenses come with the VR in the on position straight out of the box. Personally, I think the belief that you should turn the VR button to the off position every time you remove the lens or turn off the camera is just a load of hooey!

Regards

Roger

-- hide signature --

Nikonicon
ex Nikonover

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow