Teleconverter magnification comparison. (5 imgs)

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Photos thread
Greyser Veteran Member • Posts: 6,365
Re: Kent...

KentG wrote:

Not saying that, Ron. I'm sure each of us is seeing what we are reporting. Like 3 blind men trying to describe an elephant when each is touching a different part. I went back this morning and dug a couple of FA lenses out, hooked each one to my Sigma 1.4x EX TC and tested it on the *ist D, K20D, and K-01. They all locked up and they all AF'd fine. I also realize if the mount can't rotate far enough to lockup the possibility is the contacts don't line up and the electronics won't work. But without being able to see one that doesn't lock up myself I can't know if yours are going all the way around to the stop or not. If it is and the only mechanical part is the pin does not lock into the hole but the contacts line up, that is an electronic issue. The only issue I ever had with a Sigma product was a 300/2.8 APO on a Minolta Maxxum 9. The camera showed screwy info and the lens appeared to be dead, it would not do anything. Sent it back to Sigma, they replaced the ROM memory chip in the lens and it ran fine after that.

Kent Gittings

Hi Kent,

Thank you for helping us out. I also tried my both Sigma 1.4x EX non-DG and EX DG with FA*300/4.5 on K-5 (again) and K-01. The mounts locked fine and they did AF.

SG

Greyser's gear list:Greyser's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM Sigma 500mm F4 Sport Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow