Teleconverter magnification comparison. (5 imgs)

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Photos thread
OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Correction...

brandrx wrote:

KentG wrote:

You do realize, Ron, that the TCs, like the lenses I think can be rechipped (reflashed) as far as I know also, so it is possible your TCs may need upgrading to work. In the case of Sigma when I see one item that doesn't work while another of the same series does that one needs an electronic update.

Kent,

It has nothing to do with electronics.

It is the fact that the Sigma lenses will not mount, will not lock into place, and if by chance it does lock into place it will not autofocus because the screwdrive from the camera just does not turn the teleconverter screwdrive.

Correction - I should have written that if by chance it does lock into place it will not autofocus because the screwdrive from the camera will turn the screwdrive of the teleconverter but the screwdrive of the teleconverter will not turn the screwdrive of the lens.

And...now I have a freeking headache from explaining this over and over again for the last four years.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow