Teleconverter magnification comparison. (5 imgs)

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Photos thread
OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Kent...

KentG wrote:

Seven reflections is not possible with any combination of 4-5 elements regardless of the number of groups (except with no coatings because then you will get reflections of reflections). The same number of groups will produce the same number of internal reflections regardless of the number of elements. Only the number of air-to-glass surfaces count in that. However depending on the coatings some IRs will be suppressed more than others.

Kent,

Whether it is possible or not, I counted seven. So, I guess I need to go back to school and learn how to count again? Or, perhaps I have double vision all of a sudden. Maybe I was dreaming.

I have no explanation other than the fact that there were seven reflections of the light that was directed into the lens staring back at me. These reflections were yellow, orange and bluish or greenish.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow