Teleconverter magnification comparison. (5 imgs)

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Photos thread
OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Re: Klaus...Groups and Elements...

Nicols wrote:

brandrx wrote

(2) - The Kenko 1.5X Pz_AF has 5 elements (groups unknown to me).

Thank's, Ron.

It seems hard to find out without disassembly, and I prefer not to do that. Using a small LED-lamp, I can see at least seven reflections.

I also see seven reflections in mine.

I just made two quick shots of mine (I am afraid that I should have cleaned it; I have been sanding furniture just before). Maybe you can see some difference in size of lenses or construction.

Everything looks identical except for one thing. In your first image it appears that the rear element sticks out a couple of milimeters. Mine is completely level with that black ring with the lines (grooves) around it and has three screws in it. ~ Ron

EDIT: Another quick look at my Promaster Spectrum 7 1.7X Pz_AF shows that it too sticks out a couple of millimeters and looks identical to your image below. I also think that if you measured the diameter of the glass that can be seen in the rear of your's, you will find it is probably 25mm, which is the same as the Promaster (my Kenko measures about 27mm).

Cheers - Klaus

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow