Teleconverter magnification comparison. (5 imgs)

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Photos thread
OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Re: Klaus...

Nicols wrote:

brandrx wrote:

I think that my Kenko and your Kenko would have to be tested at the same distance and with the same lens before you can make a conclusion like that. My shot was at a subject distance of about 75 feet (23 meters).

Hi, Ron.

I have tested mine with the DA300, F100 and the Tamron SP 90/2.5, at distances from 0,5m to more then 500m, and I always got scale increases between 1,53 and 1,57x. I have the impression that the lens doesn't have a strong influence on this factor, and the only explanation that I can think of is that my Kenko is different from yours and the one Greyser refers to.

You could very well be correct Klaus. I have no explanation.

EDIT: Since the Tamron, Kenko, and the Promaster are identical in appearance, except for the writing on the side, and the diameter of the rear element, perhpas your's is actually a Promaster 1.7X that has been mislabled, or mine and Greyser's are Tamron's that have been mislabled. What is the diameter of the rear element on your Kenko? Mine is about 27mm (the sme as the Tamron).

BTW: The writing on my Kenko reads "Pz-Af TELEPLUS 1.5X SHQ". This is the same as what you indicated in an earlier post of your's.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow