Nikon 1: Do Nikon listen to their customers?

Started Aug 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Veijo Vilva
Veijo Vilva Regular Member • Posts: 350
Re: Nikon 1: Do Nikon listen to their customers?

olyflyer wrote:

I can only speak for myself and for me the price was the only reason (except maybe the form factor), why I get V1 instead, while I agree V2 is much better camera.

Anyway, in my opinion the V2 is not that expensive. Consider the V1 + flash you are near the same price.Taken the age differences and the improvements into account and I think it is worth the money.

Well, in some respects V2 may be a somewhat better camera, but even if the prices were equal, I'd rather buy a V1 because

- V1 is definitely good enough considering my truly real and realistic needs, even used as the main camera for serious shooting, not as a P&S (I've got an RX100 for my P&S needs)

- I can live with the design quirks and shortcomings, even when using foreign MF lenses

- V1 doesn't have the for me completely unnecessary built-in flash (I'd never use any kind of flash)

- the battery is better

- V1 sits more comfortably in my hand as it doesn't have a merely disturbing grip

- V1 looks very, very much better -- the black V1 is one of the most beautiful and elegant cameras of recent years, IMHO, and V2 is just about the opposite

-- hide signature --

Veijo

Veijo Vilva's gear list:Veijo Vilva's gear list
Sigma DP2s Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
IVN
IVN
IVN
MOD Marti58
IVN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow