Nikon 1: Do Nikon listen to their customers?

Started Aug 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
rb0321
rb0321 Senior Member • Posts: 2,056
Re: Nikon 1: Do Nikon listen to their customers?

blank_ wrote:

rb0321 wrote:

Seems it would go a long way toward customer loyalty, although loyalty in the consumer environment may be pretty low. If someone were to come along and offer a better product for less money, along with excellent customer support, you'd see people jumping like rats from a burning ship.

When I was using ricohs, I really appreciated their frequent firmware updates, despite it wasn't anything essential (their compacts from 2005 had actually way better controls and ergonomics than my V1). It is one of reasons I would chose ricoh GR over nikon A. Customer loyalty should not be underestimated.

Sure, since you remember a good product at a good price with good support, products they roll out will at least be of interest to you. If they offer something you've had in mind, you might seriously consider buying because you feel they make good products with good value and they treat their customers right. If one of those 3 factors was missing though, I'm guessing loyalty would be strained. If another factor suddenly appeared to be lacking as well, most of us would be looking elsewhere, regardless of previous history.

rb0321's gear list:rb0321's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
IVN
IVN
IVN
MOD Marti58
IVN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow