* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 278, 13 08 21 *

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
dave gaines Veteran Member • Posts: 9,183
Water Trough on El Paseo

A small piece of the water trough at the Pasadena Paseo, an open-air shopping center. It's part of a patio that was created about 10 years ago between Pasadena City Hall (below) and the Civic Auditorium. From the Auditorium one can look through this patio, which was once an open street, to the City Hall and the Main Library. That was the original City Master Plan in the 1920s.

This humble fountain pays tribute to the City of Roses, the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl. The beauty of this patio is that 20 or 30 years ago developers had closed that view with an ugly monolithic mall of big box stores. The mall eventually died a slow death and in the interest of creating a more inviting space, the (re)developers opened up the building and built the patio to restore the historic view.

This is the patio where I photographed the "Rusted Flowers" and "Steele Magnolias" I posted this week. The Rose Parade passes by about 150 feet north of here.

E-5 and 25 mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 200, f/2.5, 1/60 sec.

Pasadena City Hall

I'm still trying to figure out how to photograph the Main Library and the Civic Auditorium.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow