Safari with E-PL5 and ZD 70-300
MF is the key to using this lens with the E-PL5 or E-M5. I have it and have taken some nice photos with MF and focus assist.
Yes, I tried that and found it very difficult. Mind you, I did not have a tripod and hand-holding this combination while trying to focus with the focus ring that is far forward on the lens, with focus assist magnifying things to a point where any little vibration takes you 'off target' made this too challenging of an exercise for me.
with more practice, this might be feasible but I tried and was not successful with MF and this combination.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%