36 Mpix vs 12 Mpix

Started Aug 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dismayed Contributing Member • Posts: 644
Re: 36 Mpix vs 12 Mpix

jjnik wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

Radu Tenenbaum wrote:

Well, let me help you out. It illustrates the benefits of the extra resolution and allows one to contemplate the cropping opportunities that the extra pixels bring you.

My suggestion is you get lenses that suit your photography style. A 50mm lens and cropping till high heaven is not a way to improve your images.

No one said it was, so lose the "holier than thou"/preaching attitude. In real life field shooting, you don't always have the ideal lens on the camera nor are you always in the right position to get the best shot. The incredible resolution of the D800/E means you have much greater ability to reframe the shot to your liking in post, even if it requires a pretty dramatic crop. Of course, if you can plan the shot in advance, you don't need to do that - but nice to know you can when the situation arises. Not sure why that concept seems to ruffle feathers around here?

I have to agree with RedFox88.  And it's you, jnik, who comes off as rude and arrogant.

-- hide signature --

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan

Dismayed's gear list:Dismayed's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow