Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
MisterBG Veteran Member • Posts: 6,111
Re: Photoshop Elements

Basalite wrote:

MisterBG wrote:

Ron AKA wrote:

Elements 11 can do most of the things LR4 or 5 can do, plus many of the things full Photoshop can do, and LR cannot.

If you do RAW files and Elements 11 supports your camera (and I presume it does if you are using LR4) then it can be bought for about $60 from Amazon. Elements 12 will be out in September if you want the latest, but probably will be more.

That's one of the problems with Elements, buy one edition and there'll be another one along shortly.

Actually, the biggest problem with Elements is that it rarely gets any new features or improves in any significant way. I have version 6 and 11 and most changes I see are merely cosmetic. It's rip off program. You are much better off using Paint Shop Pro, which is far more powerful than Photoshop Elements.

I just wonder if there are people who have upgraded to every release of Elements as they have become available, and spent more than if they had bought a full copy of Photoshop in the first place.

Good point.

I hate the User Interface on ALL versions of Photoshop, including Elements.

PaintShop Pro IS my editor of choice and I have been using it since v7.
I do not use it as a raw developer though.

At present Lightroom is my raw developer of choice, although I also have AfterShot Pro.
LR highlight recovery is the best of any raw developer I've tried (which is most of them) and using it in conjunction with Topaz and OnOne plug-ins, I hardly ever need to go to an external editor.
Other than panorama stitching (which I use a dedicated program for) I cannot think of anything that I need to do that requires the use of an external editor, everything I need is handled within Lightroom.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KDM
tex
tex
tex
tex
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow