As an enthusiast the camera market is depressing.

Started Aug 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,590
Re: As an enthusiast the camera market is depressing.

John Miles wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Thats because tiny sensors are a compromise, not idealized. It would be insane to throw resources at a tiny sensor system for sake of having a tiny sensor in a DSLR body.

They are a compromise, but as I read in another post here, a compromise too far for consumers, who follow your thoughts on small sensors in full camera bodies. But I try to speak more generally really, where camera sales form routes through all options, rather than take up all options, if you follow me.

As an example, Canon has the EF-S lens system, and Sony the Nex. These lens systems have distinct body types to them, restricting choice. All I'm trying to say is that the Nex doesn't offer the EF-S body options nor the EF-S the Nex's body options. Canon actually released the EOS-M, but then didn't gear it to the established EF-S mount. Am I the only one seeing this?

Yes but had Canon geared the EOS M to take EF-S lenses the body would have had to have been 26mm thicker and who would that have appealed to? Don't tell me - John Miles.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
DrA
DrA
DrA
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow