Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daviator New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?

Lightroom 5 and 5.2RC were unbearable slow accessing and cataloging my in home network images and speed is important to me, especially when alternatives are much faster. 
In addition, each time I accessed a folder (previously cataloged) LR would rebuild the thumbnails. I would have to wait as LR would lag and stop responding while it built the thumbnails. No other apps I use have any trouble accessing, opening, editing or importing my network images.
I had contacted Adobe via chat and phone and in each case I was told that Adobe Lightroom does not and will support networks. While most on their user forums claim this to be untrue, this is what I was told by Adobe employees.
I could live with an issue or two but LR AND Adobe had presented too many obstacles for me to bother with using it and to justify its price.  I highly suspect that many who love LR have never tried anything else and thus have no basis of comparison and therefore have no idea on how slow/fast it really is.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KDM
tex
tex
tex
tex
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow