Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 II (H-H020A) - Banding

Started Aug 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP tsi Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 II (H-H020A) - Banding

Anders W wrote:

Not that it matters much, but I think your description of the wire configuration is slightly off. Based on the prior dismantling of the lens by Roger Cicala (LensRentals), prompted by our earlier forum discussions about the banding, and available here

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/10/panasonic-pancake-dissections

the big black thing shown top center in your image is the AF motor and the 10-wire flex connects to that. Via the images in the same source, you can see that the 6-wire flex is for the focus ring sensor. One of the remaining two is of course for the aperture mechanism but what is the purpose of the final one? Or does one of these devices actually require two cables? If so for what?

Thanks for the comments.

You are right. I mixed it up. My notes only say Aperture flex, Focus flex 1, Focus flex 2. I opened the lens today, to check again... and confirm earlier results.

The 4x4 wire flex drives the aperture motor. The 10 wire flex and the 4 wire flex are both needed for autofocus to work. The 6 wire flex on the 8 pin connector is required for manual focus.

Also: Did you test to simply remove the spring that YuriS suggested as the cause of the banding in an earlier post in this thread (and I think at some earlier point as well). I personally don't find it likely that the spring is the culprit but, again, it's always nice to know for sure.

The spring has no effect. Banding is visible without the spring.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow