Going Native?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
drj3 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,665
Re: Question about the mount

The mFT mount will not fit inside the FT mount.  I have always assumed that the E 5 replacement would need an adaptor (confident enough that I purchased the MMF 3 in June when it was on sale for $99).  My expectation is that the new E5 replacement (whatever its size) will focus at least as well as my E5 for non-moving subjects and better than the E5 for continuous autofocus as long as there is good lighting.  I am less confident auto focus speed with my 12-60 and 50-200 in low light.  The is just a guess based on the performance of Nikon's V1 focus performance.  I think Sony should be able to produce a sensor at least as good as the one the Nikon used.  Since most of my photography involves daylight wildlife subjects, this would be sufficient for my purposes as long as the camera is large enough (with grip) to handle the FT lenses.  Since I plan to keep the E5, I can always use it when its performance is superior.   If I am wrong about the adaptor I can always buy my wife a mFT camera to replace her E510 and it will  work with her 70-300.

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow