Going Native?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Craig from Nevada
OP Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 4,307
Re: Going Native?

Andrew:

I think you are spot on with the question of the adapter.  It is more symbolic than substantive if the camera performs to a level one could have reasonably expected with a native mount E-7 DSLR.

The adapter is a compromise.  The question is how many more I suppose?   As you correctly state--wait and see.

19andrew47 wrote:

I am not sure how it would ever have been possible to do it without an adapter. To the best of my knowledge the mounts are physically different and a 4/3 lens can not be inserted into a m4/3 mount. If that is the case an adapter was the only way it would ever have worked no matter how ingenious the internals.

Put the adapter on and don't take it off. Now it is a 4/3 body?? I don't really see an issue with the use of an adapter. I see issues if it doesn't deliver on focus issues. The rumoured specs have some improvements other than focusing 4/3 lenses but I don't see myself running out to buy one unless it does at least as good a job of focusing 4/3 glass as my E-3 does.

Wait and see.

Andrew

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow