Brand New 60DA Won't Power On

Started Aug 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
timtrice New Member • Posts: 17
Brand New 60DA Won't Power On

I just received my brand new 60DA on Wednesday. I was able to use it, read the manual, get comfortable with it the rest of the evening. That night I hooked it to my scope and using Backyard EOS took it for a run capturing numerous pictures. No issues. When finished, I disconnected from the program, powered off, unplugged and put the body cap cover back on.

The next night, I was not getting any power at all. Thinking the battery may have drained (though it was fully charged during the two hour photo session), I removed it and plugged it into the wall charger. I then inserted the AC adapter. But it still would not power on. The battery was nearly charged as I was getting three flashing lights from the charger.

From what I've read so far some Canon camera's will not power on if there is an issue w/ the memory card or if the lens isn't put on correctly. None of those are issues (the memory card was present both occassions and not used to store images during the session and the camera was mounted to scope using t-ring).

Humidity/Dew was not an issue neither eveninig.

I also read the switch inside the battery housing can sometimes defect though it locks in the battery fine and I see no reason to suspect it isn't operating.

Please someone tell me I didn't get a jacked up camera!!!

Canon EOS 60Da
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow