Why is printing the de facto standard?

Started Aug 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
PhotoMarkOne New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Why is printing the de facto standard?

I don't feel or act as old as my age. But I'm also a very experienced photographer that teaches iPhone photography workshops. I'm a strong believer in the printed image. Something archival that can be mounted on a wall for all to see. I don't print everything I create with my DSLR or iPhone, but like the days of a darkroom, tweaking and watching an image come out of my 3800 is still magical. I love my Photoshelter web site and my iphoneographyart.com site but nothing beats a photo book, an album or set of images I can hand to someone. This is an expensive field that too many can't afford a inkjet printer but feel they MUST HAVE a $3K+ DSLR first and won't devote the time, work or effort to calibrate their monitor, purchase the expensive paper and print on a variety of inkjet printers with 9 ink carts @ $60 each is the excuse for not printing. A digital iamge is only a second away from being wiped out forever. I have a fighting chance to preserve my printed image. And there's an amount of affordable printing labs to use.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Rob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow