Started Aug 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W Forum Pro • Posts: 21,468
Re: Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 II (H-H020A) - Banding

s_grins wrote:

markintosh13 wrote:

s_grins wrote:

markintosh13 wrote:

s_grins wrote:

I do not think this is the lens to blame. I think this is a sensor problem. Can you, please repeat you findings with different lens under identical conditions (especially ISO 6400)?

doesn't the Panasonic GH3 manual acknowledge the possibility of stripes appearing when using the 20mm and high ISO?

I have GH2. And I do not care... if Panasonic acknowledged this, it sounds more like a disclaimer (just in case someone tries to sue the company).

I've seen it with many Panasonic products. Manual for Panasonic microwave states that Panasonic is not responsible for fire caused by drying wet shoes inside MW.

Again, if banding appears only at high ISO, it is not the lens, it is a sensor. If it could be a lens, you should see banding at any ISO.

The GH3 disclaimer is not a generic disclaimer about the possibility of stripes appearing with any lens, it's a specific lens explicitly singled out... The Panasonic 20mm 1.7

It would be silly of Panasonic to mention this since the lens is also their product if this was a generic liability disclaimer.

Well, I have desire to continue this dispute.

I do not care what others say. My copy of 1.7/20 does not exhibit any unusual behavior (in terms of banding) in compare with other lenses I have.

Can I have my own opinion?

Noone questions your opinion that it doesn't cause any more banding than any other lens on your camera (GH2).

Now what this thread is about is something else: Whether it causes banding on cameras with the latest MFT sensor (E-M5, E-PL5, E-PM2, E-P5, GH3).

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow