Why is printing the de facto standard?

Started Aug 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
IceShot Regular Member • Posts: 135
Re: Why is printing the de facto standard?

photodanceau wrote:

I don't share your experience and know many people who print in different ways and for different reasons. It may not be something you want to do and I promise I won't force you to. My daughter and her friends print, a lot, they share prints, as cards, books, posters, to decorate gifts too. Sure they're less likely to frame them and the print quality may not be what some aspire to but the prints are used, viewed and valued. I don't know if they fit the age you see as living in a past that has disappeared they are teenagers who also Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, they use the medium they want to, when it suits them and suits their message and that includes prints.

Perhaps you are neither old or young enough to value printed images but some of us are.

Well YOU may like prints, I'm just saying, my point is, that it's weird when people discuss cameras and photographs as if print is ALWAYS the end state/the final product.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Rob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow