a77 and CZ 135 Doing Longwood Gardens - Please Visit My Flicker Page

Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
RichV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,168
Re: Plenty of light!

MediaArchivist wrote:

When I went there was more than ample sunlight. I shot handheld (SS on) at a fixed ISO of 125, and wide open (of course). This got me 1/1000 to 1/500 outside, and 1/100 to 1/50 in the conservatory. As far as I can tell, none of the shots were affected by camera shake.

Since you need a special permit for a tripod, I opted to forgo it and take my chances. It really was not a problem at all, so you might want to reconsider taking a tripod (unless you already have a permit). If (when) I go back I might add a CPL filter which would reduce the light coming in, but not by enough to matter (I'd only use that outside).

Have fun!

Thanks for that. I have an annual membership, so the tripod pass lasts all year 'round (takes only a minute or two to get a pass). On weekdays you can use it from 9-12 in the conservatory, and I find it makes a noticeable difference with the STF; I can have a slight shift when handholding and doing magnified MF so the tripod really helps.

-- hide signature --

Rich

RichV's gear list:RichV's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow