Decision on Bridge Cameras for Safari

Started Aug 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
bloke91 New Member • Posts: 12
Decision on Bridge Cameras for Safari

Hi everyone

After doing some research and seeking some advice, I have come to the conclusion I have the following actions in referance to buying a decent camera for a Safari I am going on this September.

1. Buy a Canon SX50 or HX300V with a great optical zoom, however from what I have read on here due to the apture it would be rubbish for low light and therefore insufficent for early morning or evening game viewing.  Along with this I have an exsisting Sony HX20V compact camera I can take with me.
  2. Purchase a Panasonic ZF200 with an 24x otpical zoom, from what I have read this is the best Bridge camera around for low light.  However due to 24x optical zoom, also purchase a Canon XS50 or Sony HX300 so I have got a fantastic optical zoom as well.
  3. Last choice purchase a Panasonic FZ200 and take that to the Safari along with my exsisiting Sony HX20V compact.

I feel ideally I need the ZF200 for low light and a SX50 or HX300 for the optical zoom, so I can obtain the best of both worlds.  Whats everyone thoughts??????????

These purchases would only be for the safari, so if I purchased two cameras I was thinking of selling one of them after.

I am also aware that I could purchase the Panasonic FZ72 which is due out at the end of August, this looks like alot better than the SX50 and HX300 but I could be cutting it fine due to my Safari being in September.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow