RX100 II - what else did you consider before buying?

Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Arn
Arn Veteran Member • Posts: 3,580
Re: RX100 II - what else did you consider before buying?

luvdodo wrote:

Hi

I used to own a Fuji x10 that slowly died within a year. I have now shortlisted the RX100 II and the Fuji x20. I am more inclined on the sony since Fuji service sucked.

Before you purchased the rx100ii where there other cameras you considered and would recommend? Budget $1000 or lesser.

Mostly Panasonic LX-7 and Olympus XZ-2, both because of the much larger aperture at tele-end and the Panasonic because it's video features like 100/120fps 720p video. Both also have far, far better macro performance and corner sharpness. The LX7 also has 24mm wide angle at f/1.4. Both are great cameras and can be had for a lot less than the RX100II. The XZ-2 is larger than the RX100, though and the LX-7 does not have a tilting LCD. Both of course have much smaller sensors and 4:3 ratio, but the faster lenses in some ways make up for the difference. And of course, both also have smaller resolution.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha a7 Samsung NX1 +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow