Camera sales are falling and it's partially our fault.

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
digitallollygag Contributing Member • Posts: 679
Re: Camera sales are falling and it's partially our fault.

digitallollygag wrote:

Cope wrote:

Most amateur photographers do not frequent web forums, so any conversation here is not likely to affect their purchase habits. I can tell you that I bought my wife a Nikon Coolpix S4000 a couple of years ago, and the battery will not hold a charge for more than a week. Because of this, and because she has an iPhone 4, I am hesitant to buy another P&S and risk low battery life when she has a phone that will run all day and take good pictures. I believe smart phones are the main issue here.

-- hide signature --

Never ask a man where he's from. If he is from Texas, he'll tell you. Otherwise, don't embarrass him.

If your iphone runs all day, I'm jealous. We all have to carry chargers with us. I guess if you don't actually use the phone it has a great long battery life.

The battery in my old D100 runs circles around my iPhone5's battery.

You can't compare a cell phone battery to a camera battery.

Sure I can. My worst p&s had better battery life than my iPhone5 (which I really like). The minute I put the phone in camera mode I watch that battery level take a dive.

digitallollygag's gear list:digitallollygag's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Fujifilm X30 Canon PowerShot ELPH 350 HS Pentax Q Sony SLT-A65
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow