Camera sales are falling and it's partially our fault.

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 19,046
So what?

I don't owe the camera industry anything. They don't owe ME anything! They produce what they want to produce, and I buy what I want to buy; if those two things aren't in alignment, somebody goes home unhappy.  I haven't bought a mirrorless camera because I simply didn't think they met my needs; as a result the camera industry is having to do without my disposable income.  Now, it seems they are starting to produce what I want, so maybe it's time to get back into the market.

The market is much bigger than a bunch of bozos on a photography forum.  People aren't buying cameras because they are CONFUSED about anything, they aren't buying because they don't believe the cameras available meet their needs.  And even if they ARE confused, it isn't my job to pimp for the manufacturers, to convince possible buyers that the available cameras will meet their needs.

I got no dog in that hunt.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7267302@N03/

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow