Camerasize.com comparison: GX7, E-P5, NEX6, X-E1

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
tjuster1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,895
Re: Camerasize.com comparison: GX7, E-P5, NEX6, X-E1

Alexis D wrote:

- best all round package with no significant flaw - GX7, not the best (but still respectable) in its IQ,

Hopefully, yes, but right now it's only speculation.

IBIS

again, we know nothing . . . maybe the IBIS implementation sucks, like that of the PM1. Maybe it's great. We do know that Panasonic itself says it's worse than OIS, which probably means it's closer to the PM1 than the OMD. Bottom line, we don't know how effective it is.

and EVF,

again, how good is the EVF? Given all the griping about the last EVF Panasonic produced (in the GH3) I think it's wise to withhold judgement here too.

but it has many other nice features to compensate like a unique tilting EVF, plus all the other nice features like FP, 1/8000 sec, lots of lenses to use (all stabilised)

I assume you mean stabilized because of the IBIS, because obviously many m43 lenses are not stabilized.

. The total is a lot more than the sum of its parts if you want something that can handle anything because of all the features it has inside a body that is virtually the same size as the others. That's the real beauty of this camera.

I hope you're right!

tjuster1's gear list:tjuster1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow