Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 II Released

Started Jul 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
honeyiscool Senior Member • Posts: 1,376
Re: Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 II Released

agachart wrote:

DonSantos wrote:

agachart wrote:

My friend on autofourthirds.com live in Japan ,he had new EP5 and 20mm f1.7 II and 14-140mm II ,he told to this board 20mm had AF faster and less noise ii's good.

he say may body IS of new PEN has sound noisy than 20mm II

What? Can anyone confirm?

http://www.autofourthirds.com/forums/index.php?topic=15700.msg142873

if you can read Thai language,see all image new 14-140 II & 20mm f1.7 II(on BOX)

it's feel fast and silent although that cam from Olympus.

There's a problem, though. There are a lot of people who seem to think the 20mm f/1.7 focuses fast enough, sounds quiet enough, it doesn't hunt that much, it's good enough, etc. It's always compared to some arbitrary metric for what "enough" is, as though there isn't any absolute metric for it, though there is. I'd like it to be compared to something I know is fast and quiet and rarely hunts (and when it hunts, it's for maybe half a second): the 17mm f/1.8. That's the only comparison that matters to me. If the 20mm f/1.7 took the same pictures and was as fast as or faster than 17mm f/1.8 AND has a nice metal exterior to boot, I'd switch back in a heartbeat. Until then, it's the same "good enough" and that's of no interest to me.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow