Camera sales are falling and it's partially our fault.

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
OldSchoolNewSchool Contributing Member • Posts: 788
Re: Most people do not know DPR exists

Agreed.  I still use a Canon 5D (the original one).  The 5D Mark III is tempting, but at over $3,000 it is a lot of dough to part with.  And my camera still works perfectly and takes wonderful pictures (when I'm up to the task).  It's really hard justifying new camera purchases every couple of years when the one you've got does the job just fine.  Plus, I know I'll only use a fraction of the new features on the new camera.

Even as recently as a couple of years ago a lot of fotogs would upgrade with every other model that came out.  But the quality cameras of the last few years often mean that you can upgrade after two or three models have been released, if you're so inclined.

I don't knock the people who upgrade all the time.  After all, they keep the camera companies humming.  Likewise, if someone is happy with their six-year-old DSLR, good for them.

Robert

-- hide signature --

My state of confusion has turned into a circle of confusion.

OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list:OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Olympus E-M1 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow