New Nikon Battery Charger gizmo?

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
reps2 Contributing Member • Posts: 813
New Nikon Battery Charger gizmo?

Nikon Pro for August '13, at the back reveals what might be a sensible solution to the D3* user who wants a second body, but doesn't want to hump two large chunky chargers about, given the change in orientation of the EN-EL18 over the EN-EL4a, but, if the announcement is worded correctly, I think they've shot themselves in the foot, again!

"The MH-26aAK is an adaptor kit for use in charging or calibrating the EN-EL4/EN-EL4a Li-ion batteries on the MH-26a battery charger. The MH-26a battery charger can be used to charge and calibrate the EN-EL18 rechargable Li-ion battery that powers the D4 SLR as well as the EN-EL4/EN-EL4a rechargeable Li-ion batteries that power the D3 series of D-SLRs. The kit includes one MH-26a battery charger and one BT-A10 Adapter."

Several things suggest that this was written by someone whose mother tongue is not English, but, even so, if I've mortgaged the house and bought a D4, which, I think,  comes with (according to the broschure) an MH26 battery charger already, it looks very much as if, to go off on a trip with just one battery charger, I leave behind at home both the D3's MH-22, and the D4's MH-26, and I pack my new MH-26a, with (just one!!) BT-A10 Adapter!

Perhaps, effective immediately, new D4's will now be delivered with a MH-26a, but will I be able to buy a BT-A10 on its own?

Das Leben ist immer halt so kompliziert!

-- hide signature --

Richard

reps2's gear list:reps2's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D5300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +1 more
Nikon D3 Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow