Camerasize.com comparison: GX7, E-P5, NEX6, X-E1

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
nzmacro
nzmacro Forum Pro • Posts: 15,053
Re: Small huh

Manip16 wrote:

bryanchicken wrote:

The 5 series is even smaller. Not much from the top/bottom view but check out the front/back views!
No EVF though which saves space, or pop-up flash.

I'm all about smaller size and weight, but I won't give up too much in terms of utility and ergonomics. That's the nice thing about both the NEX 6 and 7 and the m43 E-P5, G5/5, et al, is that it is a "no compromise" smaller size and weight. Still great ergonomics, internal flashes are in most cameras, and an EVF.

I think I would have jumped ship to the NEX already, but m43 just has too good of a lens selection, and due to physics an m43 lens will always be lighter than a NEX lens. APS-C just means more surface area to cover, which means more glass, and you cannot get around that fact.

Depends on what both systems have.

I need longer lenses and both NEX and m4/3 miss out in that area, so I use legacy lenses. The lens sizes don't change no matter what camera they are on, so NEX is about as small as I can get within reasons for the body size. If you need native lenses, well the size difference is there, but not by a lot when you add in the body size.

If you are into small lenses then both systems have them. Its not exactly double the size though

All the best and I'm always interested in m4/3, always have been.

Danny.

-- hide signature --
 nzmacro's gear list:nzmacro's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha a7 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow