What is your "other" compact camera?

Started Aug 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
bobkeenan Contributing Member • Posts: 712
What is your "other" compact camera?

I have a Canon 5D MK III with lots of lenses.  I am a slave to this equipment.  I have a nice backpack that carries lenses for wide, macro, walk around, and Larger zoom shots.  But its heavy and if I am in a social situation I am always asking people to hold up a second while I pull the bag around, swap lenses, and then put the bag back on. ALOT of the time the "moment" is lost.  I could carry two cameras but that just starts to get ridiculous.

So.... I don't want to get rid of my expensive camera toys but I think, in the future.  I will mostly bring all my gear for when I am on my own or if everyone knows that one of the main purposes of our get together is for photography.

So for all the other situations i still would like to have a little camera that will fit in my pocket ( I have large pockets.)   Its been a while since I had a point and shoot so I am behind in the "what's best" these days.

So I am curious..... for you other big camera owners..... what kind of point and shoot do you also carry.   Note that I still what high quality images, with low light, zoom, and maybe raw capability.

-- hide signature --
 bobkeenan's gear list:bobkeenan's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow