Insisting that Canon is abandoning M?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephen Kovac Jr Senior Member • Posts: 2,433
Re: Insisting that Canon is abandoning M?

Tonkotsu Ramen wrote:

CJ993 wrote:

I doubt that Canon would wish to lose the investment in the M and lose face too.

Most people are criticising the autofocus and this has been greatly improved already by the recent firmware 'fix'. Apart from lack of viewfinder, the other issue is the ability to track moving subjects and this is not just a Canon issue- it applies more or less to all interchangeable lens cameras.

If the new pixel/focus system on the eos 70D works , I am wondering whether it would give Canon a solution to this generic problem and, for very little further development , a market lead, as well as a greatly improved, profitable , product (at a new increased price!!)

From what i've been seeing, the EOS-M is slow like a snail, even after the 2.0.2 firmwar.. but with the 22mm pancake!!

The 18-55 and 11-22 are significantly faster, thats why you hear some people complain and others are fine.

I am using the EOS-M camera with a EF-S 18-135mm f3.5 - 5.6 lens. The lens focus fine for the way that I use the camera. I also have the EOS-M 18-55mm lens, the EOS-M 11-22mm (Henry's Canada) lens and the EOS-M 22mm lens. I don't shoot sports, I am happy with the focus on all of my EOS-M camera lenses. I also have the Sony RX100 using a belt case (Cute4 case). I have the Canon EF/EF-S adapter which gives me a lot of Canon mount EF/EF-S lenses available to use on the EOS-M camera. I don't believe that Canon will abandon the EOS-M camera. A rumor has it that Canon will be coming out with 2 new EOS-M models, a Basic model and a PRO model, soon. Even if Canon did abandon the EOS-M camera, there are a lot of EF/EF-S lenses available using the Canon EF/EF-S adapter.

Stephen Kovac Jr's gear list:Stephen Kovac Jr's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow