One lens vs. multiple lenses

Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Amamba
Amamba Senior Member • Posts: 1,935
Re: One lens vs. multiple lenses

With all due respect, you do use it as a point and shoot, at least as far as the tool is concerned. You're not using different lenses, the lens you have doesn't allow for various bokeh effects, or macro, it's not awfully fast focusing, and it is a poor low light lens.Whatever it's characteristics are, they are fixed. So, a good P&S with an electronic viewfinder and 10x zoom would give you the same set of features, in a smaller package, with video and probably macro.

Sorry, I can't recommend a P&S because I personally don't use one, I like working with different lenses. Sony RX100 is supposed to have an outstanding image quality and decent low light performance, it's also equipped with one of the best lenses on the market. However it's only 3x zoom (which is in part why the IQ is so good). So it may not suit your taste. There's a bunch of 10x cameras that generally have good reviews, but you would need to research it yourself based on your criteria. Just look for 10x zoom with EVF, and see which one has best reviews. You could start here

http://www.adorama.com/alc/0012789/article/Buying-Guide-The-Best-EVF-Cameras-Right-Now

Amamba's gear list:Amamba's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow