What happens to EXR? After F900EXR

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wellington100 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,102
Re: What happens to EXR? After F900EXR

CAcreeks wrote:

Just noticed that I can buy a red (!) F900EXR imported from Japan for $322 including shipping. Or risk buying from a non-approved Japanese seller for $260 USD.

Do you think this is the final EXR camera from Fujifilm?

X-Trans seems to work well in an APS sensor, but not in the X20, at least until firmware update. The X20 makes me think Fuji has abandoned EXR in favor of X-Trans.

Sadly I think that the EXR sensor may be in its final incarnation. I think there will be one more iteration of the F900 and the HS50. Fuji usually get at least 2 generations out of their sensors so I expect an update to both cameras, giving us another year at least.

Just 2 days ago I was going through Hong Kong airport on the very morning that a camera outlet put the XF1 on a 50% discount. Only the demo unit was in stock so I bought it there and then. I had no intention of buying one of these but it was such a coincidence I was there as they were setting up the special in the cabinet that I could not pass it up.

What a fantastic camera it is. It is very much the spiritual successor to the F10, F31 and F200, only its way better than any of them.

Everyone on the FTF who loves the old F camera should buy one or two of these as the prices crash and stocks are run out. Mine is a red, now I want black as well and I will pass the red to my wife who has been waiting patiently for me to supply her with a new camera.

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

Wellington100's gear list:Wellington100's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow