One lens vs. multiple lenses

Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gerry Winterbourne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,235
Re: Different strokes for different folks

Amamba wrote:

Marty4650 wrote:

Red5TX wrote:

Marty4650 wrote:

• You never have to worry about dust on the sensor.

Gotta disagree with you here. Superzooms pump lots of air (and therefore dust) onto the sensor. Weather sealed zooms help, but those tend to be expensive unless you shoot Pentax.

Well.... you certainly have LESS dust to worry about if you never change lenses compared to constantly changing lenses. Even fixed lens cameras can get dust and moisture inside.

If you're constantly changing lenses, you must be on one hell of a trip. In years of using DSLR for many different situations, I had to change lenses at most 1-2 times in several hours. And I never owned a superzoom.

I change lenses frequently - something like every 10-20 shots on average.  There's one speck of dust on my sensor that needs a wet clean but I haven't got round to it in over a year - it's in a corner and rarely shows in critical areas.  Like many modern DSLRs my camera has sensor-shake dust removal, which I have set as a start-up action.

-- hide signature --

Gerry

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow