One lens vs. multiple lenses

Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP trut_maluglist Regular Member • Posts: 303
Re: one lens is enough

jrtrent wrote:

Amamba wrote:

This is a great overexagerration. Nobody has to carry around a suitcase full of lenses to get the benefits of interchangeable lens system.

True, and yet the OP's point reminded me of some recent threads in which people are always contrasting an advanced compact or travel zoom against a bag full of DSLR gear that they're tired of lugging around, as if there's no middle ground. I like a DSLR not for its interchangeable lenses but for its viewing system. I don't need a bag of gear; I just need my camera body, one lens, and a neckstrap. I think a lot of people are of the opinion that if you own a DSLR and don't buy and carry a bunch of accessories, that you've somehow wasted your money. For me, though, the value is in the viewfinder--there's simply nothing else that let's me see and compose images more easily than a single-lens reflex design. An added bonus is the great control flexibility most DSLR's give you. And you can have these advantages with a minimalist, one-lens system that's pretty light and easy to carry.

Very good points.  Thanks for sharing!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow