What are the ultra-wide-angle options for the NEX?

Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
alterstill
alterstill Regular Member • Posts: 331
Re: What are the ultra-wide-angle options for the NEX?

DWMurf wrote:

Tutivillus wrote:

I have the original version of the Rokinon 8mm fisheye. Easy to get around the "fisheye" look just by centering the image. You may have to straighten it a bit, based on your framing, but it's a lot easier than massing with a lot of post work. I use it a lot in "Portrait". Sorry for not posting the fulls size image here...not available from my location. But here's a sample.

Great photo and it is a great point you're making. I've been hearing so much good about this lens, I'm going to go ahead and put in my order to Amazon.

Being in the architectural profession the complication is that I am very interested in the perspective corrections that people have been able to achieve with fisheye and wide angle lenses for architectural photography.

Amazing things can be done, but you make a very good point, that skill in framing the view and understanding of the lens may be all that is necessary for great results -- as you have proven here.

It is worth to mention that this lens is not viable option for Nex 7 users due to heavy vignetting problem.

That's why I went with SEL16F28 plus fisheye /WA adapters. I also own SEL1018F4 which optically seems to be in a different league.

alterstill's gear list:alterstill's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow