One lens vs. multiple lenses

Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
kpenner
kpenner Regular Member • Posts: 171
Re: One lens vs. multiple lenses

trut_maluglist wrote:

I looked at a couple of your galleries. (Tangmo and Water Town). These are neat photos. But the quality doesn't look any better than what I'm getting with my D90 & 18-200.

All of these were taken with my D5000 & 18-200 lens http://www.pbase.com/trut_maluglist/shanghai

I've noticed that none of your photos have a shallow depth of field. This could have made a good number of them a LOT more appealing (the bull for example). I'm also amazed with how much noise you're getting in photos that are being shot at ISO 320. Lastly, a tilt/shift lens would have made the 3rd last and 4th last photos infinitely better.

I understand why you like your lens, and the reasons behind not wanting to change them all the time. What I don't understand is your inability to see why we do enjoy the need to change lenses.

After typing this I took a look at your other galleries as well. Everything I've previously said still applies. The images of your dog could have greatly benefited from a faster lens.

I'm not professional, nor have I been doing this long (it's been just over a year since I've taken photos with a camera vs a cell phone), but I do appreciate that all types of gear has its place.

kpenner's gear list:kpenner's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow