Wondering why DPReview ignored the M

Started Jul 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef Senior Member • Posts: 2,604
Re: Wondering why DPReview ignored the M

Joe Talks Photo Gear wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

gmcooper wrote:

I wonder why they never considered the M good enough to devote resources to reviewing it.

Not sure.

But sometimes I've wondered if there is some manufacturer pressure from manufacturers to not review 'imperfect' products.

Because detailed reviews of a company's products from such a high-profile website could result in a big headache for the manufacturers to move stock. It wouldn't surprise me if it goes on, but I am not in any way suggesting that it does. It just wouldn't surprise me.

Help me understand how a DPR analysis now will help you one way or the other well over a year after the camera has been available and the camera having been thoroughly investigated? Thanks.

I'm not sure if your response was supposed to be directed at me or the topic-starter. I'll answer anyway.

I am not so much looking for a review to influence my decisions (the price does that pretty well, and other sites have done their run-downs) but it's more of a "I wonder why they haven't..."-type of thing.

Speaking for myself only, of course.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow