Do you really see THAT much difference in images?

Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
slimandy Forum Pro • Posts: 17,071
Re: Do you really see THAT much difference in images?

rkhndjr wrote:

slimandy wrote:

Composition, use of light etc. are the main things that make a good image, but if I can make a good image into a better image by using better gear I will. I don't pixel peep though. If I can't see the difference in the final image I don't need it.

No doubt that better gear will make a better image technically. I was just curious as to who is happy with an image. I feel too much emphasis is placed on the gear rather than the pleasure you get from any image. Guess I did not word it properly but that was what I had in mind. Thanks for the reply. Have a good day.

In this forum that is definately the case. But it is a gear forum! My shots are scrutinised most closely when I put them into competitions. The judge doesn't know or care what I used, but he will know if the shot should be sharper or have less distortion etc.. The general public will respond to the composition, light, etc. and be less critical of technical aspects, but I'd rather not give them anything to be negative about. So yes, too much emphasis is placed on gear, but that's largely because of where you asked the question.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

slimandy's gear list:slimandy's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow