Do you really see THAT much difference in images?

Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
nrwhitman Regular Member • Posts: 395
Re: Do you really see THAT much difference in images?

DMillier wrote:

I've been shooting digital since 2000 and at the start there were big differences between cameras. IMO these days there is not.

A typical 16MP APS-C camera offers fantastic image quality whatever the brand and cameras above and below this level only provide very modest differences.

There will always be someone who cares very passionately about that last tenth of a percent but for most people just about any camera is incredibly capable.

-- hide signature --

I've been shooting digital since the Apple Quicktake 100 (1994).  Lets see, Quicktake 100, 200, Oly 2020, Oly D30 (or something like that), Olympus E-10, E-1, E-30, E-PM1, E-M5.  Before that Olympus OM-1 which I started with back when it first came out.  It served me well till I went digital, then look at all the cameras!!!

Digital has progressed quite nicely, but have gotten good photos with all of them, where good means something I would share.  Personally, my reason for going digital was I didn't have anywhere to put a darkroom, at least at the time.  Use to love the time in the darkroom.

We need the folks that care about the last tenth of a percent as above, also need those with a critical artistic eye.  Try to learn from both.

For me, cameras now are excellent and let me focus on composition and technique although as an engineer find the technical stuff interesting.  The joy of the internet, something for everyone.

Rick

nrwhitman's gear list:nrwhitman's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow