Do you really see THAT much difference in images?

Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
AndyGM Contributing Member • Posts: 698
Re: Do you really see THAT much difference in images?

I think what we are discussing here is the intersection of the ambition and vision of the photographer, with the capabilities of the camera. You need both to produce striking images.

I will readily admit I take a lot of "unambitious" shots with my m43 camera, shots in blazing sunshine at small apertures with my walkaround lens of choice, a superzoom. Could I get as good results with a fixed lens superzoom camera with a pokey sensor? Yes, its likely, although m43 cameras still have the fastest CDAF in the business so there is still a capabilities advantage there that means my setup can get shots I otherwise wouldn't with the simpler gear alternative, and the m43 setup isn't all that bigger which is what you want when you are walking around. I would say I'm still learning on the vision thing, about knowing and seeing a good photo opportunity when one happens.

Likewise there are shots I have taken with native and adapted prime lenses which are quite ambitious and that I know I just would not have been able to take with lesser gear, and the ambition of these shots is really stretching me as a photographer, and give me learning opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise.

And I can handle both of these shooting situations with just the one camera.

AndyGM's gear list:AndyGM's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow